6 days to go now and everything is all going to plan here at HQ.
Lee & Rosey have been busy getting the projects finalised and materials purchased and delivery in time for us to hit the ground running on Monday Morning.
Registration is at 4pm on Sunday 14 July. If you want to arrive ahead of time please feel free, any extra days will be at your expense.
THIS IS IMPORTANT… When you arrive at the camp, PLEASE drop into the Caretakers office. Rural aid have designated parking spots. David the Caretaker will direct you to your spot.
We will be working on three farms and four community projects in Miles, some of the work we will be doing is, fencing, painting, soft landscaping, mulching, plumbing, handyman jobs, did I say fencing? And painting?
Communication during the week: We will have a whiteboard in the dining room/hall for daily updates, times of meals, team changes, and first aiders. Please check it in the morning and the evening for updates.
What else do you need to bring?
- Old Clothes to work in… did I mention painting?
- Dress like a farmer outfit for Tuesday night.
- Fold up chair for sitting round the campfire
- Plate, bowl, cup and cutlery. You can leave these in the Dining room all week.
- If you have been on a rescue with us this year, please bring along your water bottle, t shirts and hat that you were given.
- Basic tool kit if you have one, cordless drill, hammers, tape measure, screwdrivers. Please do not go out and buy anything!
What else is happening during the week?
- Monday night we are having dinner and Trivia at the showground dining room
- Tuesday night – Dress like a farmer night – Dinner at the Local Pub
- Wednesday – DIY dinner night, you can choose to stay in your caravan and eat or support the town by eating out. We will put the choices on the notice board.
- Thursday – Dinner at the Campground
- Friday – BBQ Farewell dinner and awards night
Remember to pack your warm clothes! Early mornings and evenings will be cool, forecast as low as 3c.
Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
Julia & Grant