We are just under 3 weeks from the start of the fifth Farm Rescue for the year at Lightning Ridge. We are delighted that you have put your hand up to help out. We have a great week planned.
Lightning Ridge has been crippled by the drought. We are going to help them out and lift the spirits of the town. We are planning to do some work on Community Projects as well as working on some farms
Lee and Rosie our crew on the ground are in Lightning Ridge as we speak scoping our jobs.
A couple of things to let you know about:
- You will be staying at the Lightning Ridge Race Course. Please arrive by Sunday the 25th August with enough time to be set up for registration and Meet & Greet at 4pm.
- POWER & WATER… I have spoken to everyone regarding their need for power, as I advised we have very few power poles at the site and priority has been given to those who need power for medical devices and those who have no back up. On arrival please do not pull into a powered site if you have not been allocated. Water Connections are not available, you will be able to fill your tank but not connect. Tents will be in another area. You will be directed on the day to this area.
- Breakfast will be available each morning from 7 – 7.45 am. Most of our evening meals will be prepared and served at the race course. Lunches will be eaten onsite in most cases. Please bring your own Plate, bowl, cup and cutlery, we will not have any spares on this trip. One night during the week we will eat in town to support local business’s.
- If you have not sent us your Police Check please we need to have it sooner than later please. It is a mandatory requirement for all volunteers joining us on a rescue.
- Have you had your tetanus shot yet?
- Tools if you have a basic tool kit please bring along with you, Please do not go out and buy anything. Only Cordless power tools please. Tradies: If you are required to bring more tools along Lee will contact you shortly.
- Pack warm clothes it is going to go down to 5 degrees during the week.
We will send you another update next week, but in the meantime if there is anything you need to know please don’t hesitate to contact myself or Grant if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
If for any reason you are not able to join us please let us know ASAP.
Julia & Grant
Farm Rescue Team
Ph: Julia 07 31534612 | Grant 07 3153 4608